10/30/2016

Recipe - Vegetable Filled Sandwich






.

Yesterday, I made vegetable sandwiches for my friend, who was visiting me after a long gap of three months. I was really excited to meet her. So, I also decided to try a new recipe of sandwiches to go with tea.

There are lots of varieties of vegetable sandwiches. I selected Potatoes as the main ingredient and added Peas and Carrots in it. The result was very good and my friend loved the taste and the look of the sandwiches. That’s why I am sharing this recipe with all of you. Hope you people will also like it.

Let’s start the recipe:

Ingredients

Potatoes 3
Carrots ½ cup
Peas ½ cup
Green Chillies 2 tbsp
Black pepper
Salt
Lemon juice 2 tbsp
Red chilli Crushed 1 tsp
Bread Slices 8
Butter

Green Chutney

Coriander Leaves 1 cup
Mint leaves 1 cup
Green Chillies 4
Garlic 2 cloves
Salt ½ tsp
Water 4-6 tbsp

Method

Blend all the green chutney ingredients in a fine paste. If needed add some more water in it and keep it aside.

Boil potatoes. Peel and mash potatoes well.

Boil peas with chopped carrot for few minutes.

In a bowl, mix mashed potatoes, peas and carrot.

Add finely chopped green chillies.

Add black pepper and salt as per your taste.

Add crushed red chilli and lemon juice in above mixture and mix it well.

Take bread slices and spread butter very lightly on both sides of the slice.

Spread blended green chutney on the slice.

Spread mashed potato mixture on the green chutney layer.

Potato mixture layer should not be very thick.

Cover it with another buttered slice.

Complete all the slices in the same manner.

Now, you can grill them in oven for 3-5 minutes or toast it in a grilling pan.

I made them in a sandwich maker because I love the shape and marks that a sandwich maker leaves on slices.


Serve them with ketchup.



.


14 comments:

  1. Oh wow, this looks so yumm!!I love vegetables and this sounds like a really lovely breakfast idea <3

    Best, Gilda
    www.itsgilda.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gilda, yes it is a perfect choice for breakfast :)

      Delete
  2. can I have some? :) yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The food looks delicious, thanks for recipe:)
    Have a nice day!
    kisses

    http://irreplaceable-fashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete